Dru 1.7, a major update, is currently in beta and will hopfuly be arriving in the Mac App Store during the summer. This will be a free update to Dru 1.6.3.
Major updates for Dru normally jumps two point in revision numbers (for example: 1.4 to 1.6) but time will only jump one point (1.6 to 1.7). Dru 1.7 will be the first of 3 major updates planned for Dru over the next 12 months.
The 1.7 update will have Enhanced Retina Support for those cool Macs with Retina displays. And other cool updates. Stay tune!
More details to follow.
Disclaimer: Specifications may change without notice.
Dru is currently on sale in the Mac App Store. Currently$ 10.99. When the sale is over Dru will return to its normal price of $16.99.
The third update to Dru 1.6. Version 1.6.3.
- Effect pop-over now allows changing PPI/DPI of effects. In addition to supporting 72ppi. Three other ppi settings are supported such as 144ppi, 300ppi and 600ppi.
- Fixed issue with Form facade function not showing correct form state.
- Fixed HTML export issue for Dropdown form object.
- Fixed misc. bugs.
The second update to Dru 1.6. Version 1.6.2.
- Fixed issue related to exporting @2x and @3x images.
- Fixed Other misc. bugs.
The first update to Dru 1.6. Version 1.6.1.
- Formfields can know be formatted with expanded phone number styles such as US, China, France and UK.
Dru has the ability to set a Page Name for each page contained in a Document. Here’s how:
- First open and existing document or create a new document.
- Navigate to the view menu and then click the menu item titled Name.
- A new dialog window will show requesting the Name of the current Page.
- In the field give the page a name. And then click the “Done” Button.
By setting the page name will allow several new abilities such as export images with a preset Page name as the File name instead of the default xvd file name.
Export File with Page Name
- Use Page Name instructions above.
- Navigate to File menu and click on menu item titled Export.
After the export window opens select Image as your export selection. Fill in any desired Image export settings and then press the Export button. The file Export dialog file name will be populated with Page name of the current page.
Page guides in Dru are really great tools to used to correctly align objects on a page. Using a Page guide Tool and the Duplicator tool together can provide interesting and exciting results.
- Select and existing page guide with the pointer tool. (Create a new guide by drag and a new guide from either of the horizontal or vertical ruler areas)
- Click on the Duplicator icon located in the toolbar to open the Duplicator window. (The Duplicate & Repeat window contains three configurable options such as “copies”, “direction” and “distance”.)
- In the copies area of the Duplicate & Repeat window specified number of copies.
- In the direction area specify the direction that which you expect to duplicate the guide.
- In the distance area specify the distance at between each new guide.
- Finally press the “Duplicate” button. Multiply Page guides have now be created based on its the number of copies, the direction of the guide, and the distance between each guide.